Devendra Nath Mahto, a student leader, concluded his 16-day hunger strike at Sadar Hospital in Ranchi on Monday. This decision followed the Jharkhand government’s announcement that it would cancel the JSSC-CGL examination and all recruitment tests conducted by TSR Data Processing Private Limited (TDPL). The cancellation comes in response to widespread concerns regarding the integrity of the examination process.
“Today marks the 16th day of the hunger strike. Mahto ended his fast in the presence of Jharkhand ministers Dipika Pandey Singh and Irfan Ansari, following the state cabinet’s decision chaired by chief minister Hemant Soren. He also thanked the state government for ordering the CID investigation, saying the probe had not spared even senior officials and former office-bearers. “There have been some startling revelations in the ongoing CID and SIT probes. After much deliberation in the cabinet, it has been decided to cancel the JSSC CGL.
Because the recruitment process had already progressed to the joining stage and several candidates had secured government positions, mahto said the government’s decision to cancel the JSSC-CGL examination was a significant step, particularly. The government also ordered a probe by the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) into alleged irregularities in recruitment examinations conducted in Jharkhand since 2014. This struggle began on July 2. Following a meeting with the Chief Minister on July 20, a CID inquiry was initiated on July 28.
The investigation is being conducted thoroughly, sparing no one,” Mahto said. All other exams conducted by TDPL will also be cancelled,” Soren said. Minister Irfan Ansari said Mahto, Umme Habiba and Rahul Kranti had voluntarily ended their hunger strike after the government accepted the protesters’ major demands. He said the students had faith that the government would ensure an impartial investigation and urged Soren to meet student representatives.

