Odisha Chief Minister Mohan Charan Majhi announced on Friday the removal of the six-attempt limit for candidates taking the Odisha Civil Services (OCS) examination. This change allows individuals from unreserved categories to sit for the state civil services test until they reach the upper age limit of 42 years.
Majhi also announced an expansion of the state’s free textbook programme, saying students in Classes IX and X would now receive textbooks free of cost. Today, on this auspicious occasion, I am announcing that free textbooks will also be provided to Class IX and X students,” Majhi said, adding that the state will establish 2,200 Godabarish Mishra Model Primary Schools and appoint 45,000 more teachers.
The decision is aimed at widening opportunities for candidates preparing for one of the state’s most sought-after competitive examinations, the chief minister said while delivering his Independence Day speech in Bhubaneswar.
The benefit was previously available only to students up to Class VIII. “Earlier, free textbooks were provided in schools up to Class VIII.

