The Manipur government announced the closure of all educational institutions across the state from August 20 to 23. This decision comes in response to the ongoing law and order situation, as stated in an official order issued on Wednesday.
The government order was issued by the commissioner-cum-secretary to the Government of Manipur, in which commissioner of education (school) Ningthoujam Geoffrey said that the closure would cover all schools affiliated with the Board of Secondary Education Manipur, Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur, Central Board of Secondary Education or otherwise. The order, which said the decision was taken “in view of the prevailing law and order situation in the State,” also applies to colleges, higher education institutes and universities under government, aided and unaided sectors. The order further said that all deputy commissioners, zonal education officers and directors concerned had been asked to circulate the order to schools and institutions under their jurisdiction. Meanwhile, in a separate government order issued on Wednesday, charge officer/Sub-Divisional Officer, Lilong, Imphal West, Moirangthem Priyaroshni Devi said that “all the appointees of supervisors, enumerators and field trainer regarding Census Training Programme stand cancelled.”

