A seven-storey building under construction collapsed in Anjaiah Nagar, Madhapur, Hyderabad, on Saturday, resulting in the deaths of two individuals. Several others suffered injuries in the incident, as confirmed by local police. Emergency services responded promptly to the scene, and investigations are underway to determine the cause of the collapse.
So far, two people have lost their lives. Emergency response teams, including local police and rescue personnel, arrived at the scene shortly after the incident to clear the debris and rescue individuals trapped underneath. “An under-construction seven-storey building collapsed in Anjaiah Nagar. Rescue teams have reached the spot, clearing of debris is underway, and the rescue operation is in progress. “In Madhapur division, the illegal seven-storey under-construction building was stopped by officials for four months. They recently restarted the construction work illegally. Some people are profiting through such illegal constructions. Many such illegal constructions are going on in Serilingampally. We are seizing buildings, but they are not following the norms.
The rescue operations are currently underway, according to police officials. We will provide more details later,” a police official said. The cellar work was being extended to the adjacent building connected to the seven-storey structure, which led to its sudden collapse,” Gandhi said. Gandhi further said, “People must understand the risks of illegal constructions.
Speaking on the incident, Congress MLA Arekapudi Gandhi alleged that the construction was unauthorised and had previously been halted by municipal authorities. A similar incident had happened earlier, and now it has happened again,” he added.

