Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) MP Harsimrat Kaur Badal on Sunday showed the weapon allegedly used in the attack on party chief and her husband Sukhbir Singh Badal at a gurdwara in Nanded, Maharashtra. She also wrote an official letter to the Union home minister Amit Shah seeking a National Investigation Agency (NIA) probe into the attack.
“I am sorry, I am very emotional today. I was not supposed to be here today; Sukhbir ji had to be here. She also showed a photo of one side of Sukhbir’s stitched-up arm. “The two assassination attempts have several disturbing parallels and raise serious questions about whether they are connected. But see what they did to him!
Because the last 48 hours have been very difficult for me and my family. Showing a photo of the weapon, she said, “The attacker aimed at his chest with a 1.5-foot-long sharp weapon, but as Sukhbir Singh Badal raised his hand to defend himself, the blade pierced right through his forearm. SAD leader Bikram Singh Majithia on Friday demanded an investigation by the NIA into the Nanded attack as well as the December 2024 incident in Amritsar.
Asserting that this was the second assassination attempt, she said another man who attacked Sukhbir previously in Punjab was out on bail already, and said the police in her home state, ruled by the AAP, “hushed up the case”. She said she was seeking the NIA probe now “because a massive conspiracy lies behind this”. I also wish to emphasise that the second assassination attempt raises serious questions about the manner in which the Punjab Government and the Punjab Police dealt with the first attack,” the leader said in the letter. Kaur said, according to news agency PTI.

